5 ways to keep your hair happy and healthy while lightening.
Going blonde is a process and not always an easy one. How do we ensure that our hair won’t get damaged during the journey?
Here are the top 5 ways to keep your hair healthy during your Blonding journey.
1. It’s very important to make sure you have a stylist who specialize in blonding. Here at Brooke Bauer Boutique we all specialize in different things for a reason.😊 Having a stylist that knows what they are doing means that know how to take care of your hair during the process. A stylist number one goal should always be to keep the integrity of your hair.
2. Everything Kevin Murphy! At Brooke Bauer Boutique we use Kevin Murphy’s color line as well as product line. His color line was created to be very gentle on the hair. It is ammonia free, sulfate free, and PPD free. There are also 5 different types of lighteners in his line, created for different needs. His clay lightener is used specifically for hand painting or a balayage. Powder lightener that is used for foil work. Ammonia free powder lightener which is also used for foil work but is made to be extremely gentle on the hair. He also has 2 cream lightener which hydrate the hair while lightening.
3. Trusting your stylist. We know this can be hard when you have a set end goal but putting your trust in your stylist is important. Because our number one goal is to keep the integrity of your hair it could be a possibility we suggest going a different route or not lightening your hair at the time. We always want to come up with a hair plan to get you to your goal.
4. At home care. This is where the most damage is caused. After a lightening session it’s important to give your hair a break. Don’t wash it for a few days. Washing it too soon can strip your glaze/ toner out. Making sure when you wash your hair you are using the correct products. Ask your stylist for recommendations. Also, wearing you hair up often can can more harm then good. Wearing you hair up for long periods of time can actually cause breakage!
5. Heat styling. We love styling our hair here at Brooke Bauer Boutique, but it’s important to protect the hair from all that heat! Heat protectant is a must! This is going to help protect your blonde from breakage over time!
Hey Boutique Babes! Welcome to the Brooke Bauer Boutique blog. We will cover everything from hairstyles and skincare to popular hair trends & lots more! XO, Brooke